Digital headend platform
What is Luminato?
- The Luminato is a digital IPTV headend, which takes in multiple signals from satellite, cable and local IPTV sources.
- It descrambles encrypted content and redistributes it either in the clear, or rescrambles it.
- A custom lineup of individual TV channels is created via the drag and drop web GUI, so that only the required channels are distributed over RF and IPTV.
- EPG data is collected locally or from external sources, then sent with the distributed channels, to populate the EPG and the now/next guide on each screen.
- Everything fits in a low power 1U rack unit, significantly reducing the power, heat and space requirement of a pile of set top boxes.
- A single fully equipped Luminato unit can deliver over 100 TV channels while consuming less than 100 watts of power!
- With custom modules the user can build a Luminato that exactly matches their input and output requirements.
LYNK® & Luminato
- The Luminato works with both forms of hospitality content management solution
- Provide a 7 day now and next electronic program guide
- Add EPG data to an IPTV system
- Can get EPG data from a broadcast
stream, Internet of local source
- No external EPG broker service is
required, so running costs are reduced.